Collège privé / Formations professionnelles


Provincial governments do not necessarily regulate private schools. However, students need to make sure that the private school applying meets provincial education requirements.

Students who wish to take an academic course for 6 months or more at a private career school or vocational school need to apply for a study permit with specific requirements from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and a letter of acceptance from the school. The processing time varies depending on the Canadian visa office.

However, students who wish to study in a province of Quebec need to apply for a Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) issued by Immigration Quebec before applying for a study permit. The processing time varies depending on the season however, it is normally 20 business days.

Canada Day